SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelvar

Granite for Vanities - Yes, I know I'm in the Kitchen Forum!

kelvar
11 years ago

This forum has been invaluable to me when I remodeled my kitchen. We're now doing a remodel of two small bathrooms for our kids. Yes, I know we have a Bathroom Forum here, but it is this forum that KNOWS the world of granites inside and out.

I need your help.

We're buying two vanities (36" and 78") for two smallish bathrooms in an expresso color. The vanities come with a thin marble top, but I can't live with the etching that comes with marble, so I want to change to a granite.

I would prefer to have them both have the same top for consistency. I've looked at remnants, but it's hard to find a remnant that would fit both vanities.

These are for bathrooms with teenagers - who have tons of products and aren't going to handle the vanities with kid gloves like I might. I can't live with a stone that won't be bullet proof and see it etch and stain. Even though they make sealers that are 15year, I'm afraid.

I've looked at Super White (LOVE it, drooled over it, but this forum is scaring me from it), Sage Green (very pricey), Bianco Antiqua (sp), etc. These are SMALL secondary bathrooms. My daughter's bathroom is only 5x7. So less is more - I know I should stay away from the busy granites, but I want pizazz.

Suggestions for tough as nails granites I should be looking at? Are all the white granites prone to etching? I can tailor the tiling to the granite...I'm not locked in although I'm leaning toward white subways with a feature strip of mini subways in a marble/gray/white/smoky gray tone.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Comments (7)