SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lnia

Kitchen layout opinion

lynn
12 years ago

Hello kitchen blog,

We are currently working with an architect on the layout of our home. Would love your opinion on kitchen entrance from the garage. We are debating on option 1- entrance from back of kitchen via mudroom or option 2- mudroom to the right of garage and therefore entrance to kitchen on the south side, next to refrigerator. The pros.cons in my mind are as follows:

Option 1: pro: symmetry between pantry door on northwest corner (if facing house) and mudroom door, creating cooktop as focal point; home, slightly larger storage space in garage. Con: more foot traffic in kitchen

Option 2: pro; no foot traffic in work zone. Con: slightly less garage storage space; will it look ok- usually I am used to cabinets on north and south side of kitchen that end at same point...usually in line with island end point. On the right of the kitchen entrance will be dining area where we will have a bar/butlers area.

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to post pthe PDF files of the layouts so that a visual may help in my descriptions above.

Many thanks!

Comments (10)