SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa226_gw

Just when you start to see light at end of tunnel..bammm

lisa226
16 years ago

Long story short....past two weeks..hardwood laid...cabinets in...granite in.... really coming together with whole house remodel after long haul and lots of things going wrong...get a load of this.... third refrigerator in two weeks appears.... yes problems with first two.... GE PROFILE...SIDE BY SIDE.. it is installed....and i have it covered with plastic sheet on hardwood floors that are covered with paper and carboard while the hardwood guys finish the rest of my house... who knew i should have been babysitting the refrigerator..it a 36 hoour window the damn thing leaked through the ice/water dispenser.... enough to damage some floor boards...solid hardwood 3/4 inch ..i freaked out when i found it..... took three beach towels to clean up the mess...it was hiding under the carboard....so now..i have a claim in with general electrics insurance company....waiting for their service guy to appear on thursday.... had the service people come out from where i purchased the thing say they cant see anything wrong with the refrigerator....(they turned the water back on as i had turned it off) i told them i want this thing out of my house....that was friday...and now ge says the service dept needs to come out and verify it was a malfunction and not a install problem.(perhaps not getting air out of the lines?????... sigh...what a mess..... this is not going to rain on my parade...was so excited about coming close to the end..... sigh...... pep talk please.... ps..when we started the remodel...we found mold underneath the floors in kitchen from a old leak in dishwasher..had to gut the kitchen to the studs....last thing we want now is to have same problem from the water that came out of the refrigerator..... anythoughts on how to handle GE...and the appliance center where this was purchased.... been already on phone with managers ect....waiting now ....

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz