SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccintx

Help me with my kitchen layout options.

ccintx
12 years ago

I've been working on my kitchen layout for a while now, and need to run my options by this forum for your greatly appreciated advice. I've narrowed it down to 3 possible layouts. I can't decide if I want a cooktop, with storage drawers underneath and an oven in a base cabinet top to the right of the sink.

OR, would it be better to have a range where the cooktop is, and then have more storage drawers where the oven was? I'm not too thrilled about a range and all the gunk that gets between a range and cabinets over time. But, I'm not sure if the oven in the lower cabinet to the right of the sink would be too far away from the cooktop.

OR, would it be better to have a range, and move the DW to the right of the sink? I'll probably store my dishes in the drawers near the cooktop/range and some in the upper cabinets on either side of the range.

One problem I see with the DW being to the right of the sink, is that it's a long way to carry clean dishes. But then, if the DW is to the left of the sink, it blocks anyone from using the DW while someone is cooking at the stovetop. However, unless we have company, I'm usually the only one working in the kitchen.

Help, I can't decide,...

Layout with the cooktop and the oven in a base cabinet to the right of the cleanup sink:

Layout with a range:

Comments (9)