SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brightm

Lunch box/bag help

brightm
9 years ago

Everyone is so helpful with ideas, I'll ask this one. I threw out a couple nasty lunch bags this past weekend. Here's what I think my perfect lunch bag/box/kit would have:

*Two compartments: (This is the stumbling block that I might just about be willing to give up on.) I usually have something on ice and something that I'd rather not have cold (crackers or chips or nuts or the like). A couple things I've carried have a side pocket big enough for a protein bar or a bag of almonds, but not for anything else. I dislike food that's cold that's not supposed to be cold.

*Fit a 32oz Nalgene bottle. It doesn't have to be cold storage. It could be on the side (but nothing has drink holders that big). It could be in cold storage or not cold storage, but even though one has never leaked on me, I'd rather carry it upright. Most things I have, if I have a container with salad or something, then it won't fit the Nalgene. Or it has to poke out the top. Or lay down.

*Not a cavernous pit. Things slide around in bags that are just big open space. I generally have things I want right side up, etc. If I were to give up on my two compartment wish, I could get one big insulated bag, but then it's just 'a bag'. I don't like reaching way down in and I don't like things that slide all over.

One that I got rid of was a Coleman lunch thing. It was the best insulated, but just one compartment with a slim zipper on the side. If it had a drink-on-the-side pouch, it wasn't big enough for me. I don't remember. It had a coffee-mishap as a last straw.

I had a cute Fit and Fresh bag (think that's what it was called). Cute, but just snapped on the top. And one cavern. Many spillages.

I'm looking at both the E Bags Crew Cooler II and Jr, but the II seems huge and expensive and the Jr seems maybe not big enough, and still expensive. If I felt it was just what I wanted, I'd be fine with the price, they just don't seem like 'the one' yet. If anyone has experience with them though, I'd like to hear.

I'm usually carrying:
- a container of left overs or salad or a lean cuisine or occasionally a sandwich.
-some kind of fruit or veggies
-something with some crunch
-occasionally a yogurt or the like
-nalgene of iced green tea
(and I'm often carrying home a travel cup that had coffee or a protein shake or juice...which doesn't always get rinsed out, hence my issue with some previous bags...I know, I should always rinse them, but I don't)

TIA

Comments (17)