SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Layout 101

beekeeperswife
12 years ago

Alright, I never paid attention to all the layout posts. It's because I basically stink at it.

Now, it's time to cram. Tell me what to make sure doesn't happen if we are doing a build. What do "they" always do that is a no-no?

I have seen some of the no-nos when house shopping. But we are thinking of doing a semi-custom build. I'm not at the meeting but my dh is meeting with the builder right now to get some ideas. Oh no, can you imagine? I just need to have a list of the big things to watch out for.

The plan we are looking at is not an exterior kitchen, but the morning room is the exterior, and the kitchen opens up to that room.

I've got the basics, you know, the range with the larger hood,etc. But if you can, I would love to know what to watch out for.

If we decide to go for it, I will post a floor plan and get some cold hard feedback. But I thought you could make sure to give some basic layout 101 tips.

(Tomorrow is showing #9 on the current house, it's been listed since 10/3. I think they are all coming to see the kitchen and then find something to complain about...."no fence", "garage isn't big enough" (get a smaller truck is my response, I mean seriously).

Comments (11)