SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janjan212

Suggestions please on how to sell a new Viking Induction Cooktop

janjan212
13 years ago

I'm baaaaack. I used to post several years ago when we planned a remodel to the kitchen in our now former home. Long story short, my issue there was lack of space and in the end, we just didn't have the budget to add on. We didn't figure that out until we'd spent thousands on a kitchen designer AND after buying a 30" Viking All Induction Cooktop. It was my dream cooktop, My big splurge. An opportunity to save a couple hundred on one came, which I never thought would happen with Viking's pricing, so we jumped on it. It didn't see the light of day. It has sat in the box waiting to be installed. Eventually we sold that home. I kept the Viking in hopes of using it in our new place. That however has a 36" gas cooktop. Still, I knew we would eventually update this kitchen too and assumed we would just use it then.

That time has come but now DH says he doesn't want to give up the 36" and is satisfied with gas. I've realized I will probably never get to use it. Since we could really use the money to help with the new update, I'm open to selling. My issue is, how? This isn't the cooktop the average remodeler installs. I've placed a couple ads on Craigslist (offering it for almost a 3rd off the regular selling price--still high by Craigslist shoppers standards probably,but it IS brand new in the box) I've also gotten ahold of the designer and asked her to keep it in mind for any clients that may be in the market. I dont know what else to do. I don't think the local paper will be helpful, everyone looks on Craigslist first. And Ebay, I am not sure how to handle the shipment and have no experience in selling big ticket items.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Are there places that might take it on Consignment? Thanks for any advice!

Oh, and get used to seeing my name, I have lots of questions as I look into updating this "new" kitchen of mine.... In fact there will probably be one tonight! ;)

Thanks all!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH