SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

My Counter Templater Screwed Up :(

Laurie
13 years ago

My counters arrived today.

And left.

The guy who did the templating screwed up. They didn't fit right at the seam at the sink. For about 5 minutes I had the illusion that my kitchen was going to be done tomorrow. Sink installed and water running. My dreams are now dashed and I have NO idea when the counter will be returned to me.

Apparently when he was here nearly 3 weeks ago, he noticed the sink was too large for the base, and should have told us that our contractor not only had to cut out the sink base, but ALSO the neighboring cabinet to make room for the sink. He did not. So, when the installer got here today, he had either the task of cutting into said cabinet (corner lazy susan and making a huge 10" hole in the back of it), hand grinding the seam at the sink (which when asked if they would allow this in their own home they both said a resounding "NO") or - take it back to the shop to work off the 3/16" that was causing the problem.

I am so upset. We had company coming this weekend and I had hoped to be able to finally cook, let alone get rid of the remaining boxes of kitchen stuff piled in the dining room.

I called my KD and gave her hell and she in turn called the fabricator to give them hell. The installer said they have had problems with the guy who templates before; more than several times. I told the KD this and she said she'll make sure that it does not take 1-2 weeks to get back to me but still - I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.

Comments (10)