SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Another white kitchen...I'm so upset :(

lavender_lass
9 years ago

I've always loved white kitchens! That being said, I was looking at another lovely, large, white kitchen with marble backsplash and thought....hmmm.

No! I don't want to be one of those jaded people, who get so burned out they no longer like white cabinets! I still like marble, I still like wood floors, but I've never liked stainless steel. Maybe that's it?

I don't know when it happened, but I guess it's been coming for a long time. While I don't really like anything more than white...I think it's been overdone, at least for me. I need to find a way to make white, marble and wood exciting again. Maybe in a smaller space, with color on the walls? Some plants in the window? Metal bistro set in the corner? View out to the garden?

These are things you do NOT see in many of these 'designer' kitchens....so maybe there's still hope! :)

And....for everyone I just offended, who has a white kitchen....I'm with you! I love them. I just don't want to see another 'cookie cutter' magazine photo shoot....

Comments (41)