SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

What I'm thinking for this area... good/bad/ugly?

remodelfla
13 years ago

We took 2 12" wide IKEA pullout bases and stacked them. (nothing is attached yet and the legs aren't on yet). I'm thinking that I'll have two 15" doors made for above the ovens with maybe one shelf to use for infrequently used baking dishes and for above the pullouts, I have 14" in height. So have Scherrs make a single right hand swing door and have DH create slots for a tray divider in that cab. Can you think of a better use or idea? Excuse the roughness of the picture. We will build out the wall a bit on the right and attach everything together.

BTW... my Miele speed oven ROCKS! I had read that there was a huge learning curve and I"m not much of a manual reader. I've had no trouble figuring out how to use it. we're still without a kitchen, but I was able to make DH a meatloaf and baked potatoes in it the other night. It cooked in half the time and the meatloaf actually had like a crispy top but juicy in the center. I havne't tried bakign in it yet since I don't have much in supplies here but I might give it a shot for some simple bread and see what happens.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert