SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phillyfeet_gw

Please help confirm my fridge selection

10 years ago

My original designs included a 42 inch fridge, but after looking at the choices, I realized i'd prefer a 36 inch bottom freezer. One of my main concerns being, if the 42 inch needs to be replaced someday, it will be harder to find a replacement than finding a 36 inch.
So now that i am in the 36 inch category, to maximize budget and fridge space, I was thinking of getting the 72 inch tall Jenn-Air counter depth fridge. But since again it seems like appliances aren't built to last anymore and i plan to be in the kitchen for the next 40 years (!), should i not be going for the taller fridge? Would it be easier to replace if i went with a more "standard" height fridge or having that extra space at the top may help in the long run?
Oh and as an aside, would i be able to put a TV above the taller fridge (standard 8 foot ceilings)
I am asking this in the kitchen forum and not appliance forum because i thought this is more a design question rather than a question regarding the actual appliance performance.
Any help would be appreciated.

Comments (7)