SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tammy518

Questions Re: dish drawers, wine fridge & cabs with chickenwire

tammy518
12 years ago

I rarely use a dishwasher, but was thinking of getting a single dish drawer. Can you have a regular cabinet with a door or a door underneath a single dish drawer? I would hate for that area to be wasted space. Also, any advice on dish drawers in general, and who makes the best ones, would be appreciated. I know these are expensive anyway, so I'm not looking for the most expensive brand, but would like to get some of good quality that will last a long time.

Also, I may get a wine fridge to replace an old, existing trash compactor that is 15" x 34". I've been looking on the Internet and have found four potential models that may work. They are made by Danby, Edgestar, Whynter, and Haier. Once again, none of these are cheap, but any advice/suggestions on these brands or other good brands you might know of that aren't any higher than $600-$700?

On to my final question. Is there any cabinet manufacturer that has the option to put chickenwire in some of the cabinets? I've seen Habersham ones in magazines, and they're beautiful, but I know they're very expensive. So I'm looking for a somewhat reasonable priced cabinet manufacturer that has that option. I don't want to do it myself by refitting old cabinet doors with the chickenwire, so looking to buy cabinets that already have it in them.

Any advice or suggestions are appeciated.

Comments (12)