SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heatherl623

Kitchen paint colors...need outside opinions.

10 years ago

Hello! I need some paint color help.

I am looking for a true light to medium gray, preferably Benjamin Moore, to go in my open floor plan kitchen/dining/living. Our house is being built right now so I cannot put paint samples on the walls. I have been using poster boards but the house doesn't even have lighting in it yet so I'm having a tough time. I have tried so many colors and have not been happy with anything and I don't want to spend anymore money.

A little bit about the house...
We picked BM chantilly lace for the perimeter cabinets and all trim with Caesarstone Piatra Gray quartz countertops. We are doing the island in BM kendall charcoal with a carrara marble countertop. The ceiling will be Minwax Jacobean stained tongue and groove cypress. White subway tile backsplash and all stainless appliances. The dining room is apart of the kitchen and has the same tongue and groove ceiling, we are going to have a farmhouse table with linen colored upholstered chairs. The living room is separated by a brick archway but I want to keep the walls the same color. We are going to be buying a dark gray charcoal sofa from Bassett and do pops of aqua in both rooms. I am going to get some metal bar stools and have them powder coated in aqua and I already have an aqua lamp that I just purchased. So that is the plan so far. The only thing I am missing is my wall color, which I need to tell my builder ASAP!!

Ok so let me hear your favorite grays. Up until recently I was planning on going with BM ozark shadows, but I am thinking that this color may be just a tad too dark for what I want. I am kind of leaning towards BM moonshine right now but I am unsure. Anybody have any experience with this color?

Does everything sound like it is going to flow? I am so terrible at decorating and visualizing things that aren't there. I need HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance!! :)

Comments (19)