SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pugrolls

Well...crap. Backsplash won't line up.

13 years ago

Although my post title isn't nearly as clever as jterrilynn's, I too am having a backsplash alignment issue, but mine is the opposite problem: my upper cabinet sticks out further than the edge of my countertop. Without getting too much into it, our contractor, whom we just fired for a long list of reasons, insisted that everything would line up when the counters were in. DH and I couldn't see how it was going to work, but back then we were still listening to and trusting him. So now the counters are in and...yep. It doesn't line up.

Here is a photo of the issue. The edge of the upper cabinet sticks out nearly 3 inches past the edge of the countertop overhang. So now, where should we have the backsplash end? Given the problematic placement of the outlet (which sticks out 1.5 inches beyond the edge of the countertop), should the edge of the backsplash line up with the edge of the upper cabinet, thereby causing the backsplash to extend beyond the edge of the counter? I'm worried that it's going to look funny, but I guess that's better than lining up the backsplash with the edge of the counter and have the backsplash end in the middle of the outlet, right?

Thoughts much appreciated!

Comments (23)