SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becktheeng

99% finished ocean inspired kitchen

becktheeng
14 years ago

Well, I'm posting finished pictures now, though I still need window treatments and the surrounding rooms are far from finished. I wanted to thank everyone on the boards...a few particular shout outs to lesmis (Kat) for the cabinet color and yesdear for sharing here photos of her brazialian black soapstone. So here are some before and after photos.

And a few more finished pictures:

And finally, the details:

Cabinets: DeWils Horizon Line (Frameless) Shaker with Bead and beadboard large drawers and accents with BM Simply White paint

Hardware: Hardware Resources Durham pulls and knobs in Dark Antique Copper Machined

Counters: Brazilian Black Soapstone and Carrara Marble

Backsplash: Grazia Rixi subways in Reef (2x5 subways) with Mandorla Border Pieces to frame the mosaic. The mosaic is a custom mixed medium mosaic that was done by a local tile artist and I got to help. Some of the tile is from different parts of our house, some of the shells are from a friends wedding, others are some my daughter got on the beach.

Paint: Dunn-Edwards Peace River

Floor: Engineered Maple mild hand-scraped 5" planks (floor extends through most of the first floor)

Fridge: GE Profile FD with water in door and ice maker in second freezer drawer

Cooktop: GE Monogram

Hood: Modernaire 600 cfm insert with wood hood by Stanisici

Dishwasher: Bosch

Double Oven: GE Monogram with Trivection (upper oven) and Convection (lower oven)

Sink: Rohl Allia (30" Fireclay)

Faucet: Kohler Vinnata in Chrome

We took down two soffits, but had to keep two more, the ones we kept shortened in depth and height. It took about 3 months because the remodel involved other parts of the house include exterior door and window work.

Thanks to everyone for they're help!

Comments (49)