SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

Found nice off/white crackle subway tiles cheap & place to buy

julieste
10 years ago

I'd been searching old posts & made a few postings of my own here about white or off white crackle subway tiles. And, I had a huge stack of sample tiles from all different companies with varying prices. I didn't want a super wavy hand made look, and I didn't want to pay a small fortune for tiles. Several people here mentioned Horus Art Tiles Tiffany crackle, and I thought I'd check them out. I ordered samples from buytile.com and decided that for me these were just a good as any of the much more expensive tiles. And, they are a LOT cheaper.

When it came time to actually buy, I was leery of ordering from them though because once I'd called them with a question and no one ever got back to me. But, my frugality won out, and I placed an order with them. Everything was fine, and my very well-packed order came in a timely manner (there was not one broken tile).

Now the tiles are up, and they are nice. My major problem I've had is that they need sealing to ensure no bleeding from the grout. We used two coats of a Miracle 511 sealer that did nothing. And, when I made a sample of the dark grout that we were contemplating, the grout color bled into the crackles. So, we gave up on a darker contrasting grout because we just couldn't figure out what sealer to use to ensure that we wouldn't get grout color bleed.

I just thought I'd post this since I know many people are interested in crackle subway tile.

http://www.buytile.com/home.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5969

Comments (5)