SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

Looking for inexpensive 3 x 6 crackle subway tile

julieste
10 years ago

I've been looking and looking for an off white crackle 3 x 6, but I have found nothing at all that is cheaper than about $8 a sq. ft by the time I add shipping and the need to buy complete boxes. So, I was surprised to see this quote from an article from last year. "Clients sometimes assume full walls of tile will make a project expensive, Quinn says. But the cost depends entirely on the choice of tile: 'You can find a fabulous white crackled subway tile for less than $3 a square foot,' he says."

Where can I find this fabulous tile that is $3 a sq. ft?

I've got samples from HomeDepot--more in the $9 range, and I wouldn't choose these because they are made of a red clay.

The Tile Shop's is about $8 or $9 and only comes in white, not an off white.

Adex Hampton runs between $9 and $13 depending on whether I buy it locally or online.

Horus I can find online from between $5.75 and $6.50, and then there is a lot of money for shipping. And, I am a bit leery of the reliability of some of these vendors.

So, does anyone have any real source (and a reliable vendor) that I don't know of for 3 x 6 crackle subway tile in off white? Thanks.

Comments (2)