SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pames_gw

backsplash mainentance issues with mini subway tiles or'bullet' m

pames
13 years ago

We are choosing a backsplash. Despite reading about all the agonizing on this decision I REALLY thought it should not be too big a deal since so many other decisions have been made. Got the concept of don't compete with the granite, I like pretty simple, want a light color, how hard can it be....

I have a Madura gold granite with pecan cherry cabinets. Light Beige ceramic flooring (preexisting). I'm happy with how it looks together.

I'd like to tone down the gold in the Kashmir gold granite and go with something like a tumbled marble or travertine in a warm cream. So far so good.

But I'm really drawn to the smallertiles of this type. For 1 example Alaskagal (I think) has 1 " polished marble mosaic somewhere on this forum. I think it looks great, but anyone able to speak to how these smaller tiles work as a backsplash, say, a year down the road? Wondered how people find the maintenance of these smaller tiles, with more grout, etc? I think I want something not too shiny because of the polished granite countertop, but don't want too worry about the backsplash.

Thank you for any thoughts or pictures.!!!

Comments (4)