SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susan_fischer363

Help needed with layout and sink placement

Susan Fischer
9 years ago

Hello all,
Can I post link to a Houzz picture for example of what I'm going for? If not, please advise.. It's hard to save a picture from Houzz to upload to photo sharing :)

If so, here is the kitchen I love: https://www.houzz.com/photos/expansive-kitchen-traditional-kitchen-portland-phvw-vp~73700

I want to re-create this, and I *think* I have room for the 6x6'6 island in the middle, plus a 6x3 'eating' island in front of the breakfast room. A wall behind it would contain the range and hood, and possibly oven if I use an oven/stovetop.

Here is floor plan I'm trying to rearrange (didn't like what architect planned).

I guess main question is, if the big island includes a prep sink, could I put a main sink in the 6x3 eating island? I hate main sinks in prep islands. I want to entertain around the 6x6 island, not wash dishes. Or prep and chop and bake.. not move aside dishes. I could see my kids sitting at the eating island working on homework - which yes, I'd have to be careful not to get wet if I'm doing dishes ;) But I feel like it works better for me. Opinions?

Also opinions on kitchen as a whole. Thanks so much! and again, feel free to advise if I should post differently.

Comments (17)