SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angryrooster

Placement of sink & faucet, help needed please.

jjaazzy
13 years ago

Ok, I have been working on this for two days now and I would like some much needed help.

I am working on my vanity cabinet for the bathroom. It will have to be made from scratch as there is nothing on the market that fits.

I have a square 17.5" x 17.5" x 5" high thick green glass sink. Mine is practically the same as this but a deeper darker coke bottle green http://www.allmodern.com/Avanity-GVE450SQ-AVN1072.html

I have picked out this vessel filler faucet http://www.danze.com/product_details.asp?g=2&mg=5&id=D201544

Cabinet is going to be 66" long.

Where I need help is in the placement of each as they relate to each other. I have a friend that put a kitchen sink in and it hurts your back to stand and wash dishes cause the water is too far back and the sink was set too far back. I don't want to make the same mistake.

I don't feel I have enough room even if I make the counter depth 24" to place the tap behind the sink. Maybe I am wrong about that. I think it must go to the right side so I have easy access and can operate the lever on/off handle. How close should I place the tap to the front edge of the sink and where should I place it? In the middle or closer to the back wall?

How close should I make the sink sit toward the front edge. Just for a perspective the counter will be 32" high with a thick look edge to the counter of 2" +/-. The vanity will be off the floor 10" to give the floating look but I will be using legs due to the weight of the sink and cabinet and STUFF!

So anyone have any thoughts on the matter? Any advice I am a visual person and I have the sink but I don't have the cabinet made or do I have the faucet in hand and I looked at the spec's and that didn't make any decisions for me. I had heard that 24" is really too deep for a vanity cause you can't get close to the mirrors and right now I am enjoying standing right in front of the mirrors cause there is nothing there but I am thinking with the size of the sink I don't want to make it impossible to clean behind it. Well I hope I have not totally confused everyone.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida