SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
farmhousebound

Help--placement of prep sink faucet

farmhousebound
16 years ago

DH is always saying that I am awful at trying to describe things, but here goes: I am converting a cabinet, 72'' long by 24'' wide, into an island which will have a 30'' marble countertop with a prep sink. I was able to pick up a Kohler Portofino prep sink for a really good price on e-bay and thought I had all the measurements and that this would work. The sink came in today and it is a lot larger than I thought. We can still make it work, but I will not be able to put the faucet where I had originally planned. If you are standing at one end of the cabinet (the 24'' wide part) with the sink directly in front of you, DH wants to put the faucet on the opposite side. I would rather have the faucet on the end directly in front of you and work the prep sink from either of the 72'' side of the cabinet. DH thinks we will constantly be hitting the faucet if we do this and that with his placement, you could work at the sink from 3 sides versus only the 2 sides with my placement. I have tried the FKB but nothing comes up under prep sinks. Any pros/cons for either of these positions? Thanks!!

Comment (1)