SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter1

Is 2 Too Many??

13 years ago

After much agonizing, I've decided to use a whitehaus apron front sink in sapphire blue for my main sink (single bowl)

Now, I have to decide what to do for my prep sink in the center island. I am thinking that I'd like to do this marble carerra apron front sink: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160485106884&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1157wt_1117

My outer counters will be white marble (polished) w/ the whitehaus sink and then for the island I'm doing a blue (maybe blue macuba quartzite) so I'm kind of thinking it would be a nice contrast to have the blue sink set in the white marble countertops and the white marble sink set in the blue countertop on the island.

However, there is a part of me that is also thinking I am making this kitchen too busy?? Here is the general layout- the blue whitehaus sink in question will be on that right sink wall and the sink in the island (not pictured) will be centered right across from the 42" cooktop

Thoughts. Nothing is ordered yet so be brutally honest.

Comments (42)

• 13 years ago

Is the sink on the ebay advert carrara? Because it looks very beigey to me and carrara is very blue/white.

I don't think your design is too busy. Personally, i think a carrara sink would look great with the carrara countertops....very integrated looking.

But your plan seems really nice to me.

• 13 years ago

Thanks sabjimata!

Yes, the sink on ebay was advertised as carrera. It definitely doesn't look exactly like the carrara I had in mind for my countertops though. Maybe I can have the fabricator make me a carrara prep sink?

• Related Discussions

Moonflower report

Q

Comments (3)
    I have a Moonflower (Angel Trumpet) that I had to transplant into a large pot because of a recent move. Got 2 nice blooms on them that lasted one night then they shriveld and are going to the seed stage is that normal to bloom only one night? Should I keep the other seed pods on the plant till they drop off themselves? I have 2 other smaller plants in a vase of water because the stems were accidently cut by a shovel I made a angled cut and slightly scraped the edge of the cuts to encourage root growth they have been in a vase for a week so far and seem to be ok but when can I place them in soil? Will they eventually root? I am a avid plant lover and so far have had a zero death toll on any plant I start from seed! Any help or advice is appreciated, Sincerly Mark
    ...See More

Too many pantries? Too many narrow spaces?

Q

Comments (23)
    Hey, Fori, the repair guy called! At a reasonable time, and I was already gone to meet the cabinet maker and contractor. We had a very productive session. I'll call Mr. G. tomorrow. Meantime, I'm going to post about the cool factor in Appliances. I got 2" of countertop on both sides because the cabinet maker was making pretty frames around the ovens and Advantium. Instead there will be 1" nice frames. The ladder is too tall for the right of the ovens, and I wan't still more counter, so that's going to be a tall pullout like Gizmonike's, only with trays for spices, etc. The little cupboard over the ovens is only going to be about 8" tall anyway, so will have a flip up door rather than swing doors. Should be good for oven pieces. He can do rails and stiles with the bamboo, so the stemware cupboards in the butler's pantry will have inset glass (probably pebble) in the uppers and glass shelves. I think this will cure the bamboo forest problem, because it'll draw the eye away from the slabs. The only view I was ready to go all out Gumby for was standing in the prep area of the island. That, and my mother's jazzy hardware. :) No gumby ;( Glass would be too heavy and unsafe. There will be a message center with an 8" deep flip down writing surface in the center of the pegboard cabinet (on the right from the pantry. We also hashed out a lot of drawer depths, etc., and things look good. I came away feeling very good about the whole thing. I even might have found a top for the island. BTW, sorry for going off on the dye. I'm a fiber artist with respiratory issues so I took that literally. :D RIT's a different story. ;)
    ...See More

How many pets do you have? How many is 'too many'?

Q

Comments (102)
    i lost my senior great dane girl 5 weeks ago to bone cancer. it was sudden and shocking and i still look for her. my remaining dane girl and eden were joined at the hip, pip took the loss very hard and had been grieving so much, it broke my heart. i contacted pip's breeder and one of her former co-owners and asked that they keep an eye out for any adults that any breeder friends might be considering a new home for (retired show dogs, etc.). the co-owner gave me the contact information for one of her people who had a dane boy she had been looking for just the right home for and the rest is history. meet "flighty foto my way", call name "frank". frank will be 4 years old on 5/31. he is a very sweet boy and he and pippin hit it off immediately at our meet 'n' greet friday. they do zoomies numerous times a day, sleep curled up together and are just a perfect pair. pippin is so much happier and that makes me happier. even though i miss eden terribly, i am beginning to heal now that pip is feeling better. frank is a bit on the thin side because he lived the last 4 weeks with a female dane who was going through a heat cycle and when that's going on, intact males ignore food, do a lot of pacing and fretting and routinely lose weight. he's eating like a horse so i'm confident he will gain and be back to his normal weight soon. i'm giving him a few weeks to settle in and then i'll make an appointment to have him neutered.
    ...See More

RECIPE: Kick It Up A Notch

Q

Comments (2)
    I've been cooking in woks for more than 40 years, Linda, so am well aware of how hot they should be. But those instructions are self-contradictory. Until fairly recently, most home woks were carbon steel, not cast iron. I would venture a guess that most of them still are carbon steel. At first, cast iron woks weren't widely available for the home kitchen. Today they are. But most people don't want to put up with the weight for what they see as a limited-use utensil. Anyway, heat one of those carbon steel woks, empty, over high heat for 5 minutes and if you're lucky the only thing that will happen is it will turn blue. Yes, cast iron takes a while to heat up. But you don't start cold cast iron over high heat. Then there's the matter of going back and forth between temperature levels. Cast iron doesn't react that quickly (especially with something that's only going to cook 2 minutes in the first place), nor is it necessary, once it comes to temperature, to ever go back to high in the home environment. You just need medium to medium high to maintain the heat you've reached. Comparing a Chinese restaurant kitchen with a home kitchen is falacious at best. In the restaurant they turn the heat on under the woks at the start of the day, and don't turn it off until closing time. Maybe you cook like that in your kitchen, but I reckon nobody else does. And notice the use of the plural---woks. Any Chinese restaurant worth its soy sauce has a long row of them, constantly in use. That sort of thing doesn't take long to heat up any space.
    ...See More
  • 13 years ago

what color are the cabinets? At first thought, I think it's too much contrast. I wouldn't mind the blue sink with the white marble counters(I think), but basically the reverse on the island would be too much of opposites attract for me. But I tend to be a more monochromatic person. Good luck!

• 13 years ago

Love the blue sink (always have) LOL but not sure about the marble. How big is your prep sink? Usually they seem smaller than the main sink, but I guess any size will work.

I've always been partial to metal prep sinks (not sure why) but with your old world look, would an antique brass or other metal work? Do you have a picture of your island countertop?

• 13 years ago

Check out the sink below. I know, it is not deep, but if you are using it for prepping, I don't think that will be a problem and your back would love you. You could totally install it as an apron front and the back, where the cut out is, would be covered by the counter.

Here is a link that might be useful: marble sink

• 13 years ago

I'm a mixed finished person, but I'm not loving the idea of the marble prep sink -- both as possibly too much (but would have to see everything) and because I'm not sure I'd want marble for prepping -- EVERYTHING would be going in that sink and sitting as it is dumped until cleanup. I'm not sure I'd like the way that would impact the marble. Ya know what I mean? I think I'd go stainless undermount for a cool tone with a bit less contrast or possibly a copper for warm and old -- but would the patina look as good with the blue counter and is that what is trimming the hood? .

• 13 years ago

I just wanted the prep sink to be able to pour boiling water in off of the stove, I am not a cook at all and doubt I'll actually be "prepping" too mcuh in the prep sink. I do worry about the marble sink getting a patina, but I think that might add to the charm.

There's not too much metal in the kitchen. We will have a stainless steel range and oven but everything else is paneled appliances.

Countertops are going to be candelights' english linen. Most of the cabinets will be that color, but we are going to have a blue-toned plaster hood and then a blue plate rack above the blue sink (am planning to have the cabinet color matched to the blue sink) So there won't be color variance in the cabinets except for that. Island will be the same white as everywhere else, just w/ the blue quartzite top.

Thanks sabjimata for the sink link. That looks perfect if I decide to go w/ the marble sink.

• 13 years ago

What does your hardware look like? Knobs, pulls, metal?

• 13 years ago

We have picked out those sort of half-egg looking things in a brushed nickel. The faucets for the main sink and prep sink are decided already for sure- delta pilar b/c I need the touchlessness about them. This is a close up of what the cabinet right across from the island sink will look like (to scale), w/ true colors for cabinets but not for hood. Backsplash will be honed carrera, counters polished carerra

After getting extremely helpful advice in the forums the other day, I'm pretty set on blue macuba for the center island but need to actually go see it in person. I LOVE the look of this slab:

{{!gwi}}

The faucet:

• 13 years ago

Oh God, *that* is what Blue Macuba looks like? I was envisioning a dark blue granite. Ok. This pic is a game changer for me.

It is similar to the marble, but different. LOVE IT! Very fun but not at all jarring. Long story but I wanted some similar effect for the stone tabletop in our kitchen but ended up with a contrasting stone due to $$$.

The low contrast is hot and original. I really think you should go for it. Quirky but not bizarre.

IT IS GOING TO LOOK HOT AND FRENCH!

• 13 years ago

That blue sink is GORGEOUS!! What a wonderful way to bring color in.

• 13 years ago

Thanks lightlystarched and sabjimata. I'm hoping it will be OK. I did a photoshop mockup of the center island the way I'd like it to look w/ the blue sink. I like it in the photoshop mockup, I"m still a little worried 2 apron fronts will be too much, but maybe if the prep sink one is smaller it will be OK.

What do you think, w/ this as the island? You won't really be able to see both sinks right together since the one will be inside the island and the other on that back wall.

I second guess so much! I'm so grateful for this forum, I never would have found the blue macuba idea without it!

• 13 years ago

I really like that blue sink and the blue macuba is gorgeous. I'm thinking your kitchen will be very beautiful and unique!

• 13 years ago

I would be okay with a white sink, but I don't like 2 sets of competing veined stones together like that.

• 13 years ago

I don't know much about marble and it's 'shockability' but can it withstand extreme temperature fluxuations like hot water being poured over it?

I just did a quick Bing! and came up with this info:
    DO NOT RUN SCALDING HOT WATER - Water Tempature should not exceed 120 degrees. Excessive Water Temperature can fracture the bottom of the Sink and Tub. Water Heater should be adjusted accordingly.

So based on that info, you would need to have cool water running the same time you are pouring boiling water in the marble sink.

A marble prep sink like you plan to use it might not be the best...even though it might look gorgeous. : )

Pepper

Here is a link that might be useful: Water temp and marble sinks/tubs...

• 13 years ago

Oh no! I had hoped it would be OK b/c I'd seen some pictures of people with a marble sink! :( Like this one:

I guess I better talk to the person who I am getting my marble from (whenever I find said person!)

Thanks so much for the info Pepper!

Thanks too to Lyno- I hope it does come out unique and beautiful. This is our forever and ever home (even though we are only 27 and 32) so we'll be enjoying this kitchen for many, many years to come, so I really hope it turns out OK. There've been a few times when my builder has warned me various decisions might not be good for resale (not w/ the kitchen specifically) but I just tell him I don't give a darn b/c my (as yet unborn) kids can worry about that problem!

lascatx- thanks for the input. I had wanted to make sure the kitchen was not too busy which was why I thought this would be OK b/c the marble and the blue macuba sort of have similar effects- what would you use instead?

• 13 years ago

You may think this is your forever home, but if you get a marble sink you may want to put up a for sale sign in six months.

Marble stains. It etches. It chips. In six months, you will have dings on the edges and maybe, if you're lucky, cracks on the front, especially with a farmhouse sink. You will have round circles from wine glasses and pickle jars, permanent outlines of your salad bowls (acid in the dressing), and stains wherever you accidentally scrub off the sealer. All I can say is, never over-serve your guests at parties and do not ever give them chili.

You have to be careful what products you use, so make sure that you're OK with a life of salmonella and dysentery from never properly cleaning your sink. This is why you never see marble sinks paired with marble toilets. Think about it.

• 13 years ago

That large sink above doesn't make me think prep sink -- where the majority of my boiling water dumps go. It is beautiful, but I don't know about practical, especially for a prep sink.

I'd go with a solid color sink -- probably stainless (picking up the cool tone of the blue and tying in with your hardware) or a smaller version of your blue sink (you said you didn't like it in blue -- what about in white?). The island might also be a good place to do an undermount. Sounds like you aren't sold on a second apron and an undermount would allow the stone to be the prominent feature on the island, which it can certainly handle.

The similar veining is one of the factors in why I wouldn't use them together. It's not a color issue -- it's the fact that they are too similar to make a good contrast. Instead you get competing lines and two different stones that are both pretty by themselves but don't do anything for each other. I think you are going to need to be careful in selecting your marble for the perimeter counters for similar reasons, although some separation of the surfaces will help. I had a hard time finding a stone I really liked that would go with my marble and not fight or compete with it.

I think you can do two apron front sinks -- but I would keep them more similar-- solid color fireclay or possibly stainless at the island. The Whitehaus is gorgeous -- in blue and in white.

• 13 years ago

I love marble and I love your blue slab but do not think they will harmonize together or even in the same kitchen. I'd go one route or the other. I also think a marble sink in general is an awful idea because of wearability issues. What looks nice in a magazine may not work in the real world. If you can't put hot water in your sink and are worried about stains, chips and cracks, then you are not able to really enjoy using your kitchen.

I once saw a mini farm sink here on GW and absolutely loved it. It was white and simply adorable. If I were doing a prep sink I'd have saved the info.

• 13 years ago

I like the idea of using a white mini farmhouse. Maybe even the white version of the whitehaus so they match in style but just in opposite colors.

I hear what you are saying about the stones too. Could I correct the problem by using an absolute white quartzite instead of the marble for my perimeter countertops? Like this one? So the veins go in the same direction just not the same exact colors? Otherwise, what would you do or suggest instead? I only want to introduce blues, not a third color, and most of the blue granites I looked at (blue pearl) were way too dark and almost-black??

{{!gwi}}

Thank goodness for this forum BTW, I feel very lost!

• 13 years ago

In general, you can only have so much pattern or drama in a single room and you get the most impact if you either layer textures and tones (the white on white bedroom that was popular a few years back and even some of the all white kitchens you see now) or you have one dramatic element that you let shine.

I though that I wanted a soapstone with minimal veining for my island and once looking realized that I would need a solid grey to black piece to not compete with my marble. I wound up getting Cambrian Black. It doesn't have veins -- it has subtle texture from different crystals (in the sun I saw a bluish grey and black and liked that because I have a wall of blue cabinets) and small and subtle "ice crystals" or flowers scattered about -- just little shimmers when you loo closely or try to wipe them up. Standing away from it, it looks solid black. That made it work but still have interest up close.

I think the Quartzite is less pattern, but I'd fear the similarity would make it look like you went for matching and something missed -- kind of like the printer ran out of ink. It's really hard to pair stones without seeing them in person, but I think you might do best to pick the marble or the blue and then pick something different for the other. It might not be a stone -- it could be a metal (stainless, copper or zinc), wood (not at the cooktop but possibly for the island), glass or concrete. I'd go look at the stones in person, see how you feel then and decide if there is one you can't live without and go from there.

BTW, my blue cabinet wall came from wanting some blue. We considered stone for counters, backsplash tile, painted island, contrasting painted lower cabinets, easily changed accessories (towels, curtain, pottery pieces) and more. I wound up with a floor to ceiling wall of custom blue cabinets surrounding my fridge.

You've got some good ideas -- I just think you might need to pare down some of your choices. The slash behind the cooktop is another area where I think you may be trying to squeeze in one or two design elements that get in the way of any having maximum impact.

• 13 years ago

1) I don't think the flip flopping materials will harmonize (marble sink with granite and blue sink with marble).

2) I disagree with everyone's warnings about the marble. I know things they say make sense, but I do feel marble won't look crappy if you take care of it. Seal it often if you use the sink a lot. I was told by my stone fabricator not to worry about thermal shock and that I can place hot pots on it. They do this in India all the time. Honestly, if a fissure occurs, you would just get someone to come in and fill it with epoxy. If a chip occurs, seal it.

3) Martha Stewart has a honed marble farm sink. It was just on Attic Mag.
    http://www.atticmag.com/2010/10/sally-wheat-martha-stewart-sampler/

4) Dont't be afraid to mix materials if it suits your personality. I have a wall of blue backsplash and a wall of teal backsplash. Everyone thought I was nuts when they saw the tile in the box. In real life it looks smashing! Be bold!!

5) I have a lot of different materials going on in my kitchen and it works fine. Honed and polished countertops, different backsplashes, two different apron front sinks. Not too much!

Here is a link that might be useful: my mixed kitchen

• 13 years ago

I think you should make the prep sink less prominent and not use a farmsink there. I would use either a white or stainless sink there. as for a coordinating countertop, I think it can be done with a quiet stone for the perimeters. yes you do need to see both stones together, but I think your kitchen will be spectacular and can't wait to see it.

• 13 years ago

I came back to see this thread again and while sabjimata has a point about mixing looking good, her mix was the same tile in 2 different colors (same size, shape, finsh, etc and only 1 element, the color, different). I think with the blue macauba you want to go as quiet as possible with the other counters. The quartzite may work, but you will need to see large samples next to each other if you can't get the slabs next to each other. I think a white or gray quartz counter would be ideal.

After looking again, I think your feature behind the stove looks a little busy with the liner pattern, marble tile and the feature itself. I think if you used plain subways and maybe a solid color frame for the "picture" part, that would look dressed up but not over the top. The frame could have a 3D effect, relief, as long as the color was mellow and a solid shade. The marble tile will have the same problem with your blue macauba as if it were on the counter or as a sink and possibly more since you see it full on. You can mix materials, but you have to pick what the star will be and what the supporting cast is. Like Coco Chanel said: once you are dressed, take an accessory off. In this case, I'd lose a few accessories and focus on the design stars, your feature and the blue macauba. If you clutter up the look much more, you will lose the punch they would otherwise provide.

• 13 years ago

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think the problem is I keep falling in love with too many things and then adding them on instead of taking one out. I am thinking, tentatively, now, that what I may do is go w/ the blue macuba throughout the kitchen and pick the 'bluer' pieces for the center island and the 'whiter' pieces for the perimeters. I'll forego the marble sink entirely and just put an undermount prep sink in there perhaps.

I'll have to think what to do about the backsplash. I held up the plain white subway tiles to my marble piece that I had looked at and I thought they looked too shockingly white against it. Could I do a stone durango? My tile mural itself will be on stone durango.

Any other suggestions for how to simplify or what to do or use?

• 13 years ago

Beagle- Don't start second guessing your choices, maybe just rethink placement, a bit.

I think your dream kitchen has looked absolutely lovely throughout this whole time. I went back and looked at some of your pictures. Is the main sink under the blue cabinet? Are you going to put boiling water in the main sink, on a regular basis?

What about the marble sink with the marble countertop and the blue sink with the blue macuba? I think the blue sink in your island pictures looks fantastic! Also, you could have a beautiful marble sink, incorporated with your marble counter and that beautiful faucet, as in your picture above. (Love that photo and may print it off for future reference!)

As some people have stated earlier, you have plenty of contrast, so I think the sinks blending more with the stones would be a good idea...and still give you the effect you're looking for. I just think it would look amazing and still set off the island.

Also, the blue sink wouldn't be right under a blue cabinet, and the blue macuba will tie all your blue tones together, beautifully :)

• 13 years ago

In that last sentence, I should have said the blue sink wouldn't be directly under the blue cabinet :)

• 13 years ago

Thank you lavendar_lass!

I like the idea of using the marble sink in the marble and the whitehaus blue sink in the blue. That would maybe give me more the effect I was looking for w/ the marble sink anyway, like in that magazine picture. And we probably wont' use that sink for boiling water since the instant hot will on the prep sink & the prep sink is more convenient to the stove. The 2 dishwashers are next to the main sink, so I envisioned that more as my cleanup sink.

I've done on a mockup of an alternative backsplash, using a blue macuba slab for counter and backsplash, w/ the whiter parts picked out. Does this look better/ less busy? Or does it look better w/ the original version.
    New:

I am making myself nutty as can be with this (not to mention my builder, I'm sure, as well as everyone else around me). DF participates some in decision making but, other than commenting on colors, he's sort of a "whatever you want dear" sort (this whole house is my project, I am quite sure he'd have been happy to stay on living in his bachelor house forever w/ the 1950s dark wood cabinets, 1980 GE dishwasher and peeling ceiling paint- he didn't even take the teddy bear wallpaper off of the walls when he moved into it 7 years ago, its been up there ever since!) so it is so great to get feedback!!

• 13 years ago

Beagle- I like the original. This new one is nice, but I think the original has more of that "old world" feel. The blue on the hood, in the backsplash and the upper cabinet will look so nice with the marble...and the blue macuba will be beautiful with the blue sink on the island!

Since most of your colors are really pretty neutral (except for the bits of blue) I think the different textures will work out very well. So many neutral kitchens don't have ENOUGH going on...but then, I like old world, too. I'm not much of a "modern kitchen" kind of gal :)

• 13 years ago

I just went back to look at your other kitchen plan photos...and I saw your floor plan. It is beautiful!!! Wow, a sunroom and a conservatory...you've got to post lots of photos when you're done!

Your home is going to be amazing. Anyone who could come up with everything you've done so far, should not second guess themselves, too much. If I ever get my remodeling project off the ground, I'll be asking you for your input, for sure! :)

• 13 years ago

I like the mural larger, but I think two different tile trims is one too many. I think I liked the subways better, but it's really hard to say because that smeary looking depiction of marble is not what it's going to look like and a lot could hinge on the tone of your cabinet paint vs how grey the marble is. Is the hood intended to be a shade darker than the cabinets? It looks it on my monitor and that is adding to the mix.

• 13 years ago

Beagle- There is a lot going on with the tile, but your home reminds me of a french manor home. Am I close? If that's the case, there is often more pattern in french decor, than we see in designs over here.

As for the backsplash, I prefer the accent tile down the middle of the subway, rather than along the bottom, as in the second choice. I love the mural :)

• 13 years ago

lascatx- I agree. Maybe I will go w/ larger mural and then just have the marble field tiles on those 2 little surrounding counter areas. The hood is not going to be a shade darker, it was just hard to get it right in photoshop. It is going to be the same English linen w/ the blue plastered top part. And, I also actually got rid of those 2 cabinets next to the hood in favor of pot racks instead. Don't know if that makes it more busy or less busy, lol! Like this:

lavender_lass thank you so much for your words of encouragement! You hit the nail right, absolutely on the head. It is a french manor home, that is 100 percent completely the style I'm going for, from the french country kitchen to the french fireplace I want in the gathering room. Not to hijack my own thread, but I uploaded a few more pics so you can get a better idea of what the whole thing will look like.

This is my inspiration for the conservatory bookshelves and we'll be doing the library ladder and everything! The conservatory w/ that big front window overlooks a little pond across the street and I'm going to put a big comfy couch right in the front window and I expect it to be my favorite spot in the house!

• 13 years ago

I'm so glad I got it right...it's going to be beautiful! I'm so excited for you :)

Your conservatory is going to be such a wonderful space. I just love everything in your plan. I know I'm gushing, but this is such a great style. It's the kind of home I'd love to visit for holiday parties...so fabulous and elegant, but still cozy and inviting. I think you have great taste and it's going to be amazing!

My style (although I love your home) is more of the small farmhouse version. Still (hopefully) welcoming and a little elegant, but much more about horses and barn kitties, big mudrooms and pantries. We have 100 acres of pastures, pine trees and a creek, which I love, but my old farmhouse is hardly a manor. That being said, I think it will make a charming cottage/farmhouse style...someday :)

I forgot about the pot racks...and I voted for them! LOL

As for my kitchen remodel, I'm still in the planning stages, but I do have a picture of my "kitchen garden"...it's still a work in progress, but you get the general idea, and you can see the horses. I'm guessing you're going to have some kind of fabulous arbor/pergola with wisteria or something else very french, in your garden area!

{{gwi:243812}}

• 13 years ago

Beautiful lavender_lass! You must really enjoy gazing out at the horses!

I haven't really thought too much about our landscaping yet :) We have 5 acres but most of it is very wooded, and are house is very much on a slanted lot/hill so we will have a sort of steep hill going up in the back. I'm planning on putting in a waterfall and stream coming down that back hill... waaaay in the future!

Thanks so much for your comments too. You are always so encouraging! :)

• 13 years ago

Thanks, it is fun watching the horses :)

A waterfall in the back sounds wonderful! Very romantic...and I thought you had a deck or patio off the kitchen or great room, right?

Do you still like the idea of switching the sinks? I think it's going to look great.

• 13 years ago

Yes- that is what we are going to do for sure. I had worried about the blue sink under the blue cabinet and that problem was solved. I just have to figure out what to do now about the marble sink- if I can buy one or have one made out of the marble on my countertops?

Our plan has a deck off the kitchen nook. Once the bank accounts recover from the extra house expenses and my engagement ring (which I picked out today!) then we're going to add on and have a flagstone patio w/ wall going the entire length of the back of the house like this:

• 13 years ago

Beautiful flagstone patio! That's perfect for your new house :)

Congratulations on the ring! When's the big day?

Are you going to update your pictures with the new sinks? I really think they're going to look wonderful in your kitchen. The colors and all the details really do look very french.

• 13 years ago

I am going to update the pics, I just haven't had a chance yet. I have slacked off big time on doing work this month b/c of my need to design houses, lol and now I'm trying to catch up on all I was supposed to do!

We're hoping to get married labor day weekend--- but we are planning to get married at the new house and it hasn't exactly progressed at lightening speed. It is supposed to be done by the end of July, but I'm worried we'll be cutting it too close!

• 13 years ago

Well, what about an October wedding? I only ask, because we had planned to get married the first week of September and then ended up having a conflict and moved it to the second week of October. It turns out to be a beautiful time in our area and all the leaves were turning during our honeymoon. Very romantic :)

I hope your house stays on schedule and I'm looking forward to your new pics!

• 13 years ago

That is what we are maybe thinking of. Our lot is very wooded so we think an october wedding might be beautiful w/ all the leaves changing color. One of my college friends is already getting married in october though and I'm afraid 2 weddings in one month might be too much for everyone.

Did you have yours outside or was it too late in the year for that (of course, depending on where you live, that could be a silly question, lol)? I'm afraid the weather will be iffy too, although I guess we could always get married in the great room or something.

• 13 years ago

I live in eastern Washington (about five miles from Idaho) and we got married inside, but the weather was beautiful. It always seems to be very nice until the third week of October...and then it rains! LOL

As for two weddings, if it's a different weekend, I don't think it will be a problem....and besides, everyone is going to want to see your house!!! :)