SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jsceva

ch-ch-changes (David Bowie is stuck in my head now)

jsceva
12 years ago

So the first, invevitable change to our plans since posting the supposed "final plans" on here...

In addition to switching the sink and dishwasher around (yes, I think you were all right about that), we have changed the floor. Finally realized just how expensive adding the underfloor heatmat would be (almost $2000 just in materials cost, plus electrician labor), plus the expense of levelling the floor and tiling. Decided to go with hardwood (engineered) instead (without the heat - it was to take the chill off the porcelain, not to actually heat the room. In fact, the room is too hot already usually, another factor in favor of scrapping it)

I was originally leery of wood in the kitchen, but with time and after reading many, many GW posts I have gotten over it. Despite being more expensive per sq. ft, overall it will overall stlll be much cheaper...and honestly, I think it will look and feel better. It just means more maintainence/cleaning effort, but in the end I think it is worth it.

We are probably going with Du Chateau, in a hard wax oil finish (similar to Tung Oil or Waterlox type finish, but proprietary to DuChateau in this case). Looking at "Rhine," which is a dark dyed (smoked/fumed? not clear) walnut.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz