SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hmdennis_gw

Finished (Moslty) Kitchen, white cabs, emerald pearl, pics

hmdennis
14 years ago

The first and most important thing I want to share with all of you about my kitchen is my thanks. I have learned so much from this forum and the lovely people who post on it. I am mostly a lurker, but posted some anxious emerald pearl and cabinet spacing questions that people really helped me work through. I still need to paint the sliding french doors, and finish the curtains, but thank you and here we go.

We undertook a remodel of our kitchen, dining room, laundry room this summer. I have been inspired by the "Big Enough" house movement, and was determined to keep our 2000 sq. ft 1936 house true to itself while meeting the needs of our family of five. After 6 years in our house we decided that we really just needed a slightly larger dining room, and that all of our other needs could be met within the original foot print. The kitchen remains 16x9. The main structural changes we made were to bump the dining room out four feet, move the wall next to the refrigerator back 18 inches to create more space for the island and install larger, more energy efficient doors and windows.

Here are best before pics I have.

And here are some after pictures. (The laundry room paint looks day glo in these pics for some reason, but it is the same as all of the other rooms.)

There are more pics in my photobucket album linked below.

Details:

Contractor: Baerenk Construction (fabulous!)

Cabinets: Custom from Western Idaho Cabinets

Counters: Emerald Pearl Granite

Backsplash: Anchor Bay Tile- Soho in Bisque, and black liner from Home Depot. (Thanks to Jgarner53 for inspiration)

Windows: Marvin wood interior, aluminum exterior

Lighting: Schoolhouse electric

Wall Color: BM Windham Cream

Appliances: Existing and too many brand names to mention.

Sink: Sterling McCallister 33x9 single bowl

Faucet: Hanover by?

Favorite things: Emerald Pearl granite: it is stunning and bullet proof, deep single bowl sink, new single level island, dish drawer in island, new pantry.

Thank you again, see the link below for more pics.

Heather

Here is a link that might be useful: Heather's Finished Kitchen Album

Comments (44)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals