SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aa62579

Almost finished kitchen with dual refrigerators

aa62579
12 years ago

Well, my parents new kitchen is almost finished. I posted a preliminary plan a while back, but didn't get too much feedback. There wasn't really anything special or complex about the design, so that wasn't surprising.

The only thing that really changed from our original thoughts is that the island was moved farther away from the cabinets. Adjustments were made to the house floor plan that enlarged the size of the great room and the contractor added that space to the kitchen instead of the dining portion. They are on a slab, too, so the plumbing and electrical was placed way early in the game. After the slab was poured, there was only so much wiggle room to adjust. Although this puts the main prep area a bit farther away from the stove and fridge, it does make it a bit easier to have multiple people in the kitchen and opening the stove/trash pullouts/etc. Much better to be a bit father away than cramped. In addition, there is plenty of room to do prep between the sink and stove if she wanted.

Cabinets are beech wood with a chestnut stain. Countertops are Wilsonart Girona Cliff laminate with an ogee edge.

Backsplash is a noce tumbled marble.

Tile is Earth in the Labrador series by Eliane. 18" tiles.

Wood is RapicClic luxury vinyl planks by Earthwerks.

Here is the basic layout. There is a very large pantry around the corner and a smaller one in the kitchen. There is around 6' between the stove wall and the island and 4' between the dishwasher and the island.

Here are the dual refrigerators. They still need to be shimmied into the correct location and lined up.

{{gwi:1960833}}

{{gwi:1960834}}

Not a fancy stove, but my mother is looking forward to the center grate between the burners to slide pans over to.

{{gwi:1960835}}

Simple, neutral, tumbled marble backsplash.

{{gwi:1960836}}

Stove wall.

{{gwi:1508715}}

Corner with seeded glass corner cabinet. The white switch plates will be replaced with decorative ones that resemble the backsplash. TV hookup in the very corner.

{{gwi:1508716}}

Sink wall. Light fixture above sink isn't 100%... My mother picked it out, but the rest of us aren't too crazy about it. Also considering if she should run tiles all the way around the window frame...

{{gwi:1508717}}

Prep side of the island with a dirty hole that the microwave will sit in.

{{gwi:1508719}}

Apparently I did not take a picture of the pantry unit recently, but here is an old one.

{{gwi:1950115}}

This is also an older picture, but it shows the full kitchen layout.

{{gwi:1508696}}

A few things were tweaked, but this was the original plan we gave to the builder. It shows the kitchen in relation to other areas in the house.

{{gwi:1480307}}

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor