SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Durango limestone backsplash?

15 years ago

I've given up on the glass tile idea for the backsplash since I want to stick with my tile guy's area of expertise. He recommended a 3x6 or 4x4 porcelain or travertine type tile. I kind of like the brick pattern...

One idea is a 3x6 honed Durango. I saw a whole wall of this at Nemo and *loved* it - my tile place has it cheaper. :-)

I wonder if it's too busy though. The saleswomen at my tile place thought it went really well with my cabinets, countertop and floor tile:

{{!gwi}} {{!gwi}}

(That's my floor tile on the lower left.)

There was also a 2x4 tumbled travertine that was much lower-key. Doesn't have all the shading I would like, though. But definitely not too busy:

{{!gwi}}

Alternatives were some tiles I saw at Expo and at Ideal Tile in Manhattan:

{{!gwi}} {{!gwi}} {{!gwi}}

I am so aesthetically burnt out, I don't know how to choose! I'm happy with my kitchen floor tile and with my bathroom tile, but I'm baffled here. And thought it might make sense to wait a few months to choose a backsplash, after I get used to the cabinets and all... well, my contractor is doing the job NOW, and I'm going to want to paint a color that coordinates with the backsplash.

It's going to be a short backsplash, btw - only slightly over 16" (we had some issues hanging the uppers under a concrete beam along the ceiling), and it's a 7'x10' galley kitchen with cabinets on both sides.

Thanks in advance for the use of your aesthetic brain cells!!!

Comments (15)