SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deedles_gw

11th hour change=more storage. Opinions if I should please!

10 years ago

Okay, here I am again with a last minute idea (big surprise) and I need some opinions/thoughts :/

I'm so close to ordering cabs and I'm going back over it all with a fine tooth comb.

Here is the dilemma: I could (always) use more storage and the only place to get it is to add 2 short uppers flanking the range hood. These would be about 36" wide x 15" tall x 10 deep.
(If I do this, I'd have DH mount small lights under these cabs.)

Adding these cabs will bork the symmetry of my sink wall cabs but I don't know if it's really a problem?

This image is of the two walls in question:

Since I can't 'turn the corner' in paint (and that's all I know how to use) I grabbed an image of someones kitchen (thank you!)layout and altered it so you can see how the short upper would run into the cabs on the sink wall:

Doing this makes my skinny open shelf on the left half the height of the one on the right, which goes to the ceiling. That's the asymmetrical part.
Here is my amateur paint rendition of the situations:

So, is the asymmetry bad enough not to get the extra storage? What else do you see that is good/not good about both choices?
I could use the extra cabs but I gotta decide pretty dang soon. It won't be the end of the world if I don't do it, either esp. since I wasn't thinking about doing it until yesterday!

As always, Thanks for the help!

Comments (5)