SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
riley605_gw

Are Silestone and Caesarstone THAT much more $$ than granite?

riley605
13 years ago

I was all set on pure white Caesarstone for my kitchen, w/very dark cabinets, but I keep hearing how much more expensive it is than granite. Is this true, even if you're looking at higher-dollar granites?

I wanted to use a primary blue Silestone in my son's Lego-inspired bathroom, but am being told it's just as expensive - even Corian is much more than granite!

Have things changed that much since I built the first time five years ago? I know the "engineered stone/quartz" market was just heating up, but solid surfacing as I understood it had been around for quite a while.

I know there is a major difference between solid surface like Jettastone/Staron/Wilson and Formica solid-surface products, and the new engineered stone products, ESP quartz. I was just really surprised at the few quotes I've gotten so far, and the comments my trusted fabricator here in town has made. He knows that I chose an expensive granite last time so he knows my taste, and he's still saying that granite will be a much more reasonable choice for the kitchen than Caesarstone.

Is this regional at all? I'm in southern Oklahoma, but have easy access to anything in Dallas. Just curious.

Comments (17)