SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
riley605_gw

Any experiences with Fireclay handmade ceramic tiles?

riley605
13 years ago

I've done a search, but the only reference to 'fireclay' I've found on the forums is regarding fireclay sinks. This is a different 'Fireclay', it seems.

These are made of recycled materials, hand-fired ceramic tiles. I ordered the free samples off the website, and I'm in love with them! I'm waiting to hear about whether they have dealers, or if I order tiles directly from them, etc.

The Debris and Vitrail series tiles are nothing truly amazing, I guess - loads of wonderful color, very squared-off edges (which I love when it comes to minimal grout lines.) But the line that is blowing me away is the 'Claymonde' series.

These tiles are referred to as being rolled and pressed into a ceramic "sheet." They are only 1/4' thick, and come in two sizes: 11.65"x35.25", and 5.75" by 35.25". They can be cut in lots of shapes, I guess, but there are pics on the site of an entire Whole Foods where the diff depts are done in these flat tiles: the floors, the walls, the ceilings - and in all kinds of colors. They ideas are coming like crazy: like doing my son's entire shower - even ceiling - in a soft grey, w/primary color accents. The showers on the site look incredibly easy to keep clean.

And in the kitchen, I'm imagining too many backsplash options to think straight! The Vitrail line comes in glossy and in matte; it and the Debris line come in every size you could want, as well as mosaics on webbing.

So I'm hoping someone here has some kind of hands-on, or even second-hand experience to share. I think it's a relatively new company, I believe in Northern CA? I'm so impatient, waiting for the price info and distribution details, I thought you guys might already have some stories.

I just realized this post sounds like I'm shilling for them ... SO not the case - I saw a blurb about 'a new kind of tiles' in a home decor magazine and tore it out, and finally checked them out last week. Here's the site:

Here is a link that might be useful: Fireclay Tile

Comments (7)