SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cadodabe

Backsplash to compliment Kashmir White granite countertops

cadodabe
15 years ago

We renovated our kitchen this summer. The previous owners last renovated in 1979 so you imagine what it looked like. This was a big job. The cabinets are cherry, the counter is Kashmir white granite and the floors are Brazilian cherry with a maple border. It is beautiful. However, I had a really tough time choosing the backsplash and ended up (after purchasing tile and exchanging it) with 1 in X 2 in glass tiles in a random pattern. The tiles look almost like sea glass in color - green, blue and yellow. The tile guy did a good job but the grout is too dark (we asked for one shade darker than white and it must be several shades darker). I really like the tile and I love my countertops but they don't seem to go together. I can't quite decide if its the tile against with the counter or just the grout (I tend to think the problem is both). After all the work in the kitchen I am ready to redo the whole backsplash because it just doesn't seem to work together. The backsplash is important since it is so visible.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I would like feedback on a backsplash that works with what I've described above.

Many thanks.

Comments (4)