SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kylady7

What a Day!! Granite broke!!

kylady7
10 years ago

I was so thrilled this morning to know my Beautiful Bianco Romano was being installed along with my Big Deep single sink.
When they arrived Patrick the fabricator checked everything out again...He had told the workers to give him a little more room for the stove between the two cabinets...which they did.
He then said "Now the Magic begins"
I had taken a sneak peak and from what I saw I was thrilled.
He first brought in the piece that had the small snack bar attached to it...And he had done the end of the slab I had asked for....It was Beautiful.
Then came the next piece with the large sink cutout...they had it about a inch or less from the cabinet tops and one of the helpers changed his grip and the pressure was too much and it cracked!!! I was literally sick.....the two pieces were matched up exactly and it would have been perfect......
He brought the other side in and it was lovely...the edge was beautiful...Nothing fancy but very pretty!
The granite looks so good with the cabinets...and the grey that is in it....turns to the color I have on the walls Tranquility....a soft beautiful blue- grey - green....depending on which way the light is hitting it.
Patrick apologized over and over and promised to try and match the next one as well as this one. We had picked out two slabs the last day I went...so hopefully he will be able to.
So no sink or water today....probably next Tues if all goes well.
The fabricator is in Nashville...about 100 miles away...so I really felt sorry for him also! A long trip to and from and besides the time lost...lots of money for sure.
As soon as the granite goes in, I will post a picture.... But will wait until all is finished Before choosing backsplash. I had one picked out that looked Beautiful with the cabinets and walls....but once the floor was put in...I had second thoughts...felt it looked to busy....and now after part of the granite is done...Sure it isn't the one....so will wait.

Comments (13)