SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter1

Kitchen in Action- Wedding Edition

beaglesdoitbetter1
11 years ago

Just thought I'd share a few pics from our wedding we had here last weekend. The large island was absolutely wonderful- everyone spent quite a long time standing around it! We were also able to do the cake cutting right on the end of the island and there was room for everyone to stand around (we only had 25 people, so it was a reasonable number).

We turned the kitchen table in the breakfast nook sideways and set up a bar, and the crepe makers set up their table in the main part of the nook. There was plenty of room for everyone to mingle and I didn't even stress about etches in the countertop at all! For anyone considering blue bahia granite but afraid that it might etch, I would not worry about it- there were a few minor spills and the counter felt super sticky after the party, but after cleaning w/ Method cleaner, it looks absolutely perfect again.

Showing off the new wedding ring, LOL:

There was one frightening moment when DH's brother opened a champagne bottle and the cork flew towards the chandies, but miracle of miracles, nothing got hit and all was well!

And, the puppies got dressed up for the occasion of course! They were in heaven since people kept sneaking them food!

The other thing that was absolutely wonderful during the party was having the fridge and freezer drawers on the end of the island. We completely stocked them w/ beer and soda so everyone was able to help themselves without needing to open the main fridge area.

Comments (31)