SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
atomiclush

WHITE granite - why are they all so yellow???

AtomicLush
12 years ago

Hi everyone. This is my first post. We are in the middle of our year+ renovation of our first house. The kitchen has been the biggest project, and it's been hard eating carry-out and tv dinners for so long! We're on the home stretch and we realy like the look of white counterops with a splash of color. We don't want to deal with maintence of white marble (although that's the look we wanted - very white with a little bit of movement and color), so we decided on white granite.

We narrowed it down to River White or Bianco Romano. However, we've been to numerous warehouses and they're all VERY yellow. Although we don't like the graining in Kashmir White, but that was also very yellow. And this is at four different slab places.

Has anyone else seen this?? Or is this normal?? All the kitchen photos I've seen show white granite with tones of mostly grey and only some beige. Not mostly beige and yellow.

The closest color we've seen with more greys and less yellow is called White Exotica, but I can't even find info on that anywhere. Help! Thanks in advance.

Comments (33)