SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruby_2010

Is this bad granite installation

ruby_2010
13 years ago

Just had granite done in kitchen past week. New construction.

We have an angular bar with sink in center. Kindof u-shaped but angles wider. The overhang varies approx an inch on both sides (left and right)in a 4 ft span. In the center section where sink is it is the same. So if I put my finger under countertop touching cabinet frame the end hits my cuticle. Go down 4 ft and it hits my knuckle. The cabinet guy said our cabinets will stick out on the shorter end. We have full overlay if that matters. The granite guy said it was because our cabinets are off. I thought that was the purpose of template and he said no.

Also they installed our new faucet and got glue on it. When they took off glue it took off finish. It is brushed stainless and areas went to more shiny finish. They will not admit fault to anything. Do I have right to say something about overhang varience or take off bill for faucet? It was $300. We have paid all but $600 and they are threatining to get attorney because our contract stated pay 1/2 down before and other 1/2 when granite done.

Is this how it works or do I have to just deal with it.

Comments (10)