SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurajhwest

Need help dealing with a bad granite install

laurajhwest
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi- I've been scouring this board for months as we worked through our kitchen renovation and tried to decide on counters. We finally chose granite and found a local place with a good price and good reviews to do the install. When the granite arrived, there were several issues with the cut but the one that seems to be the sticking point is the sink. It is set back just under 6" from the edge of the counter. We have a 36" corner base cabinet and the sink is undermount and 23 5/8" x 21 1/4" including the support lip, 21 1/4" x 18 7/8" inside bowl. Prior to install we were trying to decide which sink to get and were told the setback would be 4". Upon questioning them about it now, they are saying that 6" is standard for a corner sink and they must not have known it was a corner when they told us 4". They also are claiming the templater told us it would be 6" which he didn't (in addition to several other things he is now claiming he said which he didn't).

My question is how should we handle this. The sink is too far forward for me to use without leaning forward quite a bit and resting my arms on the granite (I'm 5'4" if it matters). They literally said to us "I don't know what you want us to do." Are we just stuck with this? I am convinced that 6" is not industry standard, but I'm not sure if we can demand it to be redone? What do we do if they refuse? Just looking for some advice on where to go from here (or to suck it up if that's the only option). Thanks so much!

Comments (29)