SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamadadapaige

recommendation needed for glass panel for cabinet door

mamadadapaige
15 years ago

I've had a few lingering things to take care of on my kitchen. One is glass for two doors on the upper section of our bar area. Our contractors built the cabinetry for us but I didn't want just straight up plate glass for the doors so I said I'd take care of this aspect myself. Months later I am finally dealing with it.

I was thinking of seaded glass or something on the traditional side. I googled custom glass cabinet insert and came up with Bendheim Glass. Anyone ever use them? I'll post a link of the one that caught my eye (very simple... maybe I could get away with something a little snazzier???). would cost $123 including shipping for the two doors.

Here are some pics of our bar area... notice the doors without glass. I plan to have a glass shelf built for the inside of each cabinet. This is where we are planning to store wine glasses and other types of glasses.

Does anyone have any recommendations of glass shops that produce custom inserts??

THANKS!

Here is a view of the bar (notice the wine fridge filled with food for the family since our GE Monogram practically brand new refrigerator is already broken):

Here is a close up of the door. I still have to order knobs. I will just order the same as I have on the lower cabinets. ORB from Horton Brasses.

I used pictures of my kids for my backsplash. Here is a close up of my favorite (this is OT... but I just love this picture):

Also OT, here is the cobblestone walk that was a total DIY (without DH's help, just me and my almost 3 year old DS... took us about a week. the cobblestones were left over from our driveway project). I'm so proud of myself to have pulled this off... have never attempted anything like this before.

Obviously I have work to do on the grass, that is a project for another day. Am planning to post this on the landscape design forum to get advice on how to grow moss between the grout lines. have heard if I put moss in a blender with buttermilk, blend and then paint the solution onto the dirt, moss will grow.)

Comments (9)