SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lcskaisgir

Dumb question about pull-out trash cans!!

Lisa
10 years ago

Finished tweaking all kitchen plans w/installer and cabinet salesman today. The cabinet that was supposed to be for a pullout double trash can (next to sink) was going to be 18" wide. I liked the configuration very much. Now, after tweaking something else, it turns out that the trash cabinet is going to be 24" wide. I hate to waste a 24" cabinet on trash, so instead of having the trash unit built in by cabinet company, we are buying our own (which will likely be around 15" wide), installing it on the left side of cabinet, and the contractor is installing a wood divider vertically next to it so I can use the remaining space (approx. 9") for vertical storage. The down side of this is that I will likely not be able to have the door of the cabinet attach to the garbage unit because the unit will not be centered in the cabinet.

Now my question...does anyone who has a trash unit w/door attached know if it would be possible to still attach the door to the trash pullout even though it would be off center of the door?? My cabinets are inset if it makes any difference. I know this sounds like a ridiculous question!! It seems that it would be rather difficult to get it in the exact right location on the door for the door to end up lining up right...

Comments (12)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor