SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caryscott

Should baseboards match cabinets in an off white kitchen?

caryscott
15 years ago

All right it has been a pretty good week we visited an installed kitchen by the installer who is doing ours (hers) - not my kind of kitchen but nicely installed (the couple couldn't have been more helpful - I recommend this step to everyone).

Worked out quite a few other things but I'm just not sure about whether we should carry the cloud white base board into the kitchen. Cabs are thermo and I asked today for the Tafisa\Panifal # to see if I could match it to a laminate sample (it isn't as yellow as the Formica Antique white). Cabs are on 3 walls (pretty much everwhere0. @ doorways without casings so there won't be a lot of baseboard.

Crap, avert your eyes, here is a couple of photos of it now (yes I know we should just restore it to its' 80's glory but we're philistines so down it comes) .

Bulk heads stay, wall colour is BM Rusty Nail (will wrap around bulk head where fridge is now). Ceiling will be white, stainless appliances. Backsplash is a 1x1 mosaic in a mixture of cream to gold tones. Countertop will be Iron Rust laminate in a riverwash finish (attached). The wall you can't see will have cabs on it and fridge. Floor is an all over concrete design in rust colours - similar in colour registration to the countertop. Base boards: white or off white too match cabs? I always like to know why - rationals wecome. Somebody asked about this just a bit ago but I couldn't find the thread when I searched. Thanks. Ooh kitchen has two doorways where the base boards wraparound from the main space - slight downward transiton in he flooring from the parkay to the fibre floor in the kitchen.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor