SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homebuyer23

Painted cabs installed, 2 big questions & sneak peak!

homebuyer23
10 years ago

Our cabinet install began today. Custom painted inset, for the most part I am in love with them. They're painted BM White Dove.

However, 2 issues...

Are the backs of your painted cabinet doors the same smooth finish as the front? They just left & I'm playing in the kitchen and as I open the doors, I almost get the chills from the feel of the backs of the doors. I just talked to cabinet shop and they explained some reason why this is, having to do with the way they do the spray finish. I just don't think I can accept this though, I really don't like the way they feel and I'm sure they will get scuffed up. I know its just the inside, but I still don't like it. Would love to know if this is actually common with spray painted finished cabinets or if I should insist they refinish them.

2nd, can you notice that the crown molding looks lighter than the cabinets?? I said right away, oh is the crown unpainted? They said no, its finished. I said it looks way lighter than the cabinets. They then held a piece right next to the cabinets & sure enough it looked the same color then. They said the lighting/shadows etc can make it appear that way. I think/hope when everythings in & walls are painted it won't be noticeable, but what do you think?

Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES