SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabethd_gw

MRDirect granite composite sink -- has anybody used these?

elizabethd
13 years ago

Hi --

I am a newbie, but want to thank all of you for all the information I have gleaned while preparing to install a new countertop and sink. I learned a lot here, and found my laminate here too!

I wanted soapstone to blend with the architecture of my old house but the budget dictates laminate instead. I have settled on Formica Basalt Slate, with the honed finish, and I have resigned myself to using a drop-in sink instead of the undermount I had been hoping for.

Now I am having trouble settling on which drop-in sink to get. I know I want the granite composite, single bowl, in black to blend with the laminate. The Blanco Anthracite is good, but the drain is on the right and I need it in the center or on the left. And Home Depot's Pegasus Black matches, too, but of course it has been discontinued.

Anyway, the one I am looking at now is by MRDirect, which I found on Amazon. I asked for a color sample, but they charge $20 plus $6 postage! So I am wondering if anybody who has one of their Black TruGranite sinks can tell me if their Black is like Blanco's or Pegasus? Also, does anyone have any comments on MRDirect? Are they OK?

Sorry to ramble on -- thanks for reading all the way to the end, and thanks again for all the help you have already given me!

Comment