SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aimskitchen_gw

Cabinet lines, remodel - Altogether overwhelming!

aimskitchen
11 years ago

We've been trying to plan our kitchen remodel for many months now, and have gone back and forth on many details and designs. We were all set to go with one company and KD who'd helped us a lot, when we realized we weren't sure we'd be happy with the quality of the Homecrest cabinetry she was pricing. We then asked for pricing of the same design in Candlelight, and it was a 45% upcharge, which seemed high and and it seemed like a pretty big jump. She's told us Showplace might be an option, but I know nothing about this line, except some negative things I just found in old threads.

We've also looked into Kraftmaid, which is priced about the same as Homecrest but seems it might be better quality, and Bertch Legacy, which I also know little about. We're thinking shaker doors, wood stain and likely a glaze, and I'd love to consider inset but wonder how much of an upcharge this would be - haven't gotten an answer on this yet.

My head is spinning - it's a big investment as you all know and involves living with chaos for some months, and we want to get it right! Input or experience with any of these would be appreciated.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!