SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cinnacracker_gw

Hoods for European upper cabinets- 12' depth

cinnacracker
12 years ago

Hi. I am trying to figure out my hood for my new kitchen. The design is done and the kitchen is on its way. The hood will be completely conceled in an upper cabinet. In theory, you wont be able to tell its a hood unless you bend down and look up. Problem is, Im having trouble finding a hood that fits because the european cabs are so shallow. My designer tells me Ill have to go custom, but Im not ready to conceed that yet (she's been wrong before....).

The interior dimensions of the cabinet the hood needs to hide in are:

116.4cm w x 56.4cm h x 29cm d or

45.83"w x 22.2" h x 11.42" d

The only one I found that will fit is a BEST: http://www.bestrangehoods.com/store/products/productdetail.aspx?id=6c1d3cd5-8cc2-47bf-b7cd-17994299ddbd

But Im unsure if this works without a liner as I think the liner would push me over the 11.42" depth. Actually, Im sort of confused about the terminology. What does a liner do? How come it seems likw sometimes the liner is just decorative and others it seems like its the functional part?

If it matters, the hood will be right on an exterior wall and it "should" be easy to punch the venting through.

So confused... appreciate any assistance! Ive never had a hood before.

Thanks,

Cinnacracker

Comments (3)