SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtymartini_gw

dbl bowl SS FH sink-around $500. Can you reccommend one?

dirtymartini
12 years ago

I don't mean to be lazy, but I was googling and searching stainless steel farmhouse sinks. I thought I would find one that had the depth I want (I want pretty deep of course) and also double bowl (which I seem to have a hard time finding a good selection of) and that was all I needed to consider.

Then, I read the FarmHouse Sink thread below. Rather than hijack that thread, I would like someone who has "been there, done that" to help me find what I am looking for. After reading that thread I started panicking, never realized how many differences there are with drains and drainage problems.

If there is a reason you think I should get single bowl, please share. Both DH and I grew up with double bowl sinks, where you wash pots and pans on one side (the side with the disposal), and then have a dishrack in the other side to put the clean items to dry. I am amazed at how many people did NOT grow up with this system...whenever I have parties at my house I always find dirty stuff on the "clean" side from friends trying to help me with clean up.

If you have a single bowl FH sink...where do you put pots and pans you just washed? Or do you dry them immediately and put them away?

Also, is there a reason I should not get SS? Is there a reason you prefer the white sink? And I know the options are fireclay but also another material...I forgot.

Also, I always thought "deeper=better" but now I am reading it can kind of hurt your back to be reaching into a deep sink. So much to consider!

Ok, hope this is not too repetitive of the other thread. I am looking for double bwl, SS sink that is tried and true and folks are happy with. If you have one that is pricey but I could possibly find on ebay, of course share that also. Thanks.

Comments (15)