SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angryrooster

Layout, do you think this can be changed or improved

jjaazzy
12 years ago

Wow first time posting and I think I got it! Yippee for me!

Ok, now on to the subject.

Putting together an Ikea kitchen. I have a large very open downstairs where the DR, LR and Kit all share space. The drawing is not to scale in respects to the living room area. I didn't put that into drawing.

In my mind I have all this space but on paper..... NOT.

The objective is to have a clean contemporary space with added storage.

Currently the kitchen is smaller. I have pushed the sink area back 2 feet into the dining room (open space to the left) so the counters front edge will line up with this bump out wall, rather then working within that smaller space. This should make the kitchen much friendlier to work in, with the added 2'x 6' floor space. Not much but I will take itDistancehe Distace between the bump out and corner is 106 5/8" the oven sits within this area.

The refrigerator wall is 92 1/4" Plus if I go over the garage entry door trim I can capture another 1.5" Not ideal but not going to give up a decent cabinet to save door trim. Maybe I should get rid of that trim all together and finisome otherge someother way, or smaller trim.

Cabinet marked #1 is a floor to ceiling Pantry that faces the dining room area. (glitchy Ikea program won't spin it)

Cabinet #2 Base cabinet of drawers 24" wide

Cabinet #3 corner base cabinet with pull out shelves 49"

Going with a full slab door not with a drawer as shown.

Cabinet #4 Base cabinet of drawers 30" wide

Cabinet #5 is a Floor to Ceiling cabinet that will recess into wall C at the corner, existing pantry there now.

Cabinet #6 is the Sink and cabinet.

36" with full slab doors.

To the left of sink is DW

cabinet #7 is 12" pull out

(full slab that slides out with two upper hidden drawers) Thinking if I can reduce the sink base I will make this a 15" wide bank of drawers.

Cabinet #8-9-10 face to the dining room and are 24" wide bank of drawers that are 12 7/8" deep.

Cabinet #11 is just a 9" wide filler space for wine bottles. Not in love with that, just filling in space. DH thought a pull out flat screen thSusanlls out and rotates on a lazy susan would be nice..... maybe.

Cabinet #12-13 24" x 39" tall uppers.

That are to each side of contemporary SS hood. over the 30" slide in range.

Cabinet lazy25" x 39" upper Corner Cabinet with lasy susans

Cabinet #15 30" x 24" upper with over the range micro instfridge under it.

Cabinet #16 Upper over the frige. 36" x 18" x 24"

Plan to use Granite or similar on all counters shown in brown including the DW area shown next to sink. Thinking of bringing solid surface material down the expose wall next to DW and DR side cabinets.

Thinking of having cabinets that face DR done in Walnut or wood grain by the company that does alternate door fronts for IKEA.

The rest of kitchen will be done in their ABSTRAKT white. With minimal door pulls for a very clean look.

Well that's it.

What do you think? Should I move anything?

Ikea didn't like the idea of having cabinets against the Extractor hood but I wasn't sure how to line up the cabinets using a 21". Then I tried to make one a 21" and leave the other a 24" and it came out all skewed looking.

Also I have to pick out a sink so that maybe I can reduce the sink base and increase the 12" slide out. I have 1 large sink now in kitchen and I think I would like a small sink next to a large sink. So plates and such can getgaraged off and maybe save a fork or two going down the gargage disposal. YIKES!

Hopefully these photo's will post for me...... fingers crossed.

The above cabinets are as follows

kitchen
From kitchen

Comments (13)