SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckymom_gw

Water disaster- Not in the mood for this...

luckymom
11 years ago

When we remodeled our kitchen the 1st time, I planned for months. Looked at all over at photos, magazines, etc. I knew exactly what I wanted. White cabinets, black coutertop, cork floor. Only thing I could never find that I wanted was the perfect backsplash (blame the counter top guy, he insisted I have that 3" piece on the wall. Hated it, DH wouldn't take it off- said it belonged there. I called it the dust catcher).

Had a water leak last week. Now I have to do this all over again- and quickly. Adjuster has agreed to all new base cabinets, upper doors, baseboards, flooring. We do need a new countertop (formica- again, blame the countertop guy- granite was just starting to be seen- said this was what he had in his house & recommended).

Granite guy was here got price, just have to pick out which I want (saw several I liked), thinking about going with whitest shade I can get with a bit of grey. Staying with white for cabinets. Looking at flooring has been awful. It's sea of beige out there. I HATE beige. For years, my dad built houses, lived in them a while, then sold them. Longest I ever lived in a house was 3 years, until I got married. He always insisted on beige carpet, beige flooring & white walls.

Now I'm thinking about doing a stained concrete floor- after the only tile I've seen that I liked looked exactly like the concrete (stains & all) when we set it down to try it out. Seemed dumb to spend $1200 for pretty much the same thing I already have. Have wood in rest of the area- which of course can't be matched. I told DH I think I want to paint the walls in the kitchen a deep teal high gloss for a splash of color. If we get tired of it, I can always paint it a different color.

How does this sound? ANY help will be totally apreciated.

Comments (9)