SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cat_mom

My new favorite SS (and granite, and glass) cleaner!

cat_mom
13 years ago

I had been using 3M's SS Cleaner and Polish aerosol spray on my SS appliances and sink, but recently found something I've found to be much easier to use--alcohol/water in a spray bottle (with some essential lavendar oil added). I'd mixed some up to try out in my new bathroom(s), and to try on my granite in the kitchen. I've now been using it on my glass and mirrors, too.

I remembered reading here about people using and liking the alcohol/water mixture on their SS appliances, and I decided to give it a try. Our KA fridge is a bear to clean, even with the 3M spray--it's nearly impossible to wipe it down in one fell swoop w/out at least some streaks (we have a 42" built-in SxS). I first had to scrub off any (oil)residue from the 3M spray (Cameo or BKF on a blue scrub sponge). The alcohol and water mixture works really well! The sheen or luster (of the metal) is a little different w/out the oil-based product, but it still looks nice. The best part, is the ability to spot clean without streaks or smudges, and now the surface has much better fingerprint resistance, too.

Ive been using it on my Wolf range (only when it's off--don't want any fireballs!)--the SS and the black enamel burner pans, and on my microwave, etc. I've been spritzing the sink and grid with it after a quick scrub with the sponge (spray and then wiped dry with a microfiber) and those look nice, too.

Once again GW has helped me discover something useful!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!