SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
callie8799

?-for those who 'waterloxed' their butcher block....

callie8799
15 years ago

This is long- I do apologize, I tend to give all details instead of just asking questions- .

Hi! I have a 20 yr old butcher block which was installed by a previous owner. It is evident that previous owners have cut directly on it. Just a note- I do not cut directly on this- I do use a cutting board/mat. Dh & I have sanded that thing down and applied mineral oil every year. That has helped with the cut marks. We love the look after mineral oil has been generously applied, but few weeks later- the water marks start returning.

After seeing pix of butcher blocks that was protected with Waterlox, I am interested in applying that to ours.

1. Waterlox is a product that penetrates the wood and completely seals it- so it should not be a problem with deep cut marks already in the butcherblock? Provided it is completely cured. I'm just thinking of food safety.

2. Can I put hot pans on top of the Waterlox - sealed butcherblock? I'm not talking right away, of course. I thought of this as I took a pan out of the oven and placed it on the butcherblock.

Thanks for taking time to read this and hopefully, I can read some great responses.

Thanks!

Deb

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz