SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
circuspeanutgw

Show me your faucet placement at off-center window/sinks?

Circus Peanut
15 years ago

hi there,

Am coming down the home stretch and finalizing the faucet placement for my main sink. Dishwasher's on the right, trash pullout on the left. There will be a simple yellow subway tile backsplash under the sill and on the sink wall.

Problem: the sink is not centered on the window behind/above it (old house and cabinetry issues), and I'm a little unsure about how to place the various faucety items to balance it out. Should I move the faucet over to balance out the offcenteredness, or should I center it regardless? I was blithely imagining I'd just center it all, but when the plumber called to finalize placement I felt a whisper of self-doubt start up. Darned GardenWeb.

The sink's a Whitehaus fireclay 27-incher with a center back drain. I'm putting in a Moen Aberdeen faucet with separate handle, a smaller Moen cold-water filter, and an air switch for the disposal. So, three important holes and an air switch that's less vital.

This is a terrible mid-construction photo, but it shows my layout:

Here's one pic I found using the Aberdeen faucet, but am hesitant to mount the handle on the left as in the photo, since we're right-handed. Which means if I want the main faucet to be all the way to one side, it will have to be the left side. Hmm.

{{!gwi}}

Can anyone share pictures of how you solved an off-kilter sink/window/faucet scenario? Thanks!

Comments (3)