SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

Please show me your prep sink faucet placement

flseadog
15 years ago

I have just finished reading the very insightful thread on placing a faucet and accessories at a main sink. My problem is the prep sink. This sink will be on a island, off-center to the right. It is 16"W x 19-3/4" front to back. My first inclination is to place the faucet (Rohl country pullout with short hand spray, 7-1/4" high, 7-1/8" faucet reach) at the right corner at an angle and to place the soap dispenser on the left corner symmetrical to the faucet. I have no idea where to put the air switch. I think it would look odd in the center but if I placed it closer to the faucet I think it would be awkward to use.

There will be seating on the opposite side of the island and the island will only be 42" wide (maybe a bit wider if it doesn't cost too much to put a slight radius on our countertop) and I would put the faucet in the middle except this seems like it would be too close to someone seated there. Also, in the center it seems like it would be too close to a soap dispenser placed next to it.

If you could post pictures of what you did I would really appreciate it. Also, if you could explain your thinking and how it all works out in actual use I would appreciate your thinking.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH