SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ct_newbie

Help with marble look alike without the maintenance

10 years ago

I love the look of carrera or calcutta gold marble. However, I know I won't be able to maintain it and would be frustrated by the patina over time. I thought I'd end up with White Macuba quartzite as I liked the veining that looked sort of tree-like. However, when we looked at slabs the background seemed more beige than white. Similarly, some people recommended White Vermont (which most told me was a granite but one told me it was a quartz), however, it looked too grey for me. That said, I did like the movement in the White Vermont. By the way, is it a quartz or granite? We sort of like Princess quartzite and in photos Supreme White granite looked fairly white. Does anyone have any feed back on Princess or Supreme White? Any other recs for a mostly white countertop (but some grey/black is fine) and I didn't mind a little faint green in the princess? What I don't like is any brown/copper as I feel that that could look like a stain. I really want the countertops to be a WOW feature in my kitchen.

Also, is there a % composition that determines if it is a quartz vs. quartzite vs. granite? I really don't want a fabricator telling me something is quartzite if it is granite.

Thank you!

This post was edited by CT_Newbie on Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 1:12

Comments (7)